Sunday, December 6, 2009

Shop till you.....

Drop right??

False. Why is it whenever you have the chance to go shopping solo, it always turns into this rush/panic as to what is going on at home?

I take my girls anywhere. Really, I am not afraid of slugging it out with the rest of the stroller crazy moms at the mall or hittin the local festival sans a husband with two crazy kids. I will do it. Groceries every week, the market on Thursday's, some crazy ass kids club..like I mentioned, I do it. But I do enjoy the time on a Saturday when I can bust out of the house early in the morning to get some shit done.

I enjoy getting dolled up, which mean actually showering and doing my makeup. I get dressed up, again which means not wearing jogging pants and a tank top...braless. So yes, jeans and a nice shirt without any stains...hopefully. I like to get a Starbucks and hit the stores that I really would rather do alone. I am all good to go and ready to pull a Q-B sneak on the hubby just to see that face, "When are you going to be back...and are you really going to leave me with these kids...I really have work to do" look. WTF!!!

Then I get out of the house only to be gone about an hour to get a phone call as to when I will return and "save the day!". Really? Is this rrreally happening?? I would love to have a couple of hours where I can get my shit done without feeling rushed and have to get back home because the house is burning and I am the only one that can fix it!

I went out this weekend to get some Christmas shopping done just to get that type of phone call. Now my husband is very capable of changing a diaper, feeding the children (fish crackers and pickles of course), and making sure the kids are doing something productive (taking all the wipes out of the package and throwing them everywhere in an art like fashion). He is a great father, helps me out more than most men. But I get a phone call in the middle of doing stuff just to hear Reese screaming and Dave not understanding what is going on and how to fix it and asking when I will be home. I don't need to hear this!!! I don't care if I told you I would be home at 1pm and its now 2pm and I am still not home. Just deal with it!!

Mayyyyybe if he would stop trying to be a 4 year old's best friend....he would gain some respect?? Mayyybe???

1 comment:

Christine said...

Wow, I can't figure out if this blog makes me feel excited to be a mom, or scared as hell. I like the idea of getting dressed up on a Saturday (with make-up on) since I currently do that 5 days a week and on Saturdays look like a slob (even when going to the mall and seeing ppl I know!).
At least you can feel proud that you are your grils' hero and can save the day anytime (but isnt that supposed to be a MAN'S job? LOL...kidding).