Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Never Knew the Day Would Come....

Never knew the day would come where I...I, Nicki would stand in line at a Best Buy waiting for the store to open...to buy...wait for it...A VIDEO GAME! Yes ladies and gents! That was me this morning.

A bright sunny morning, I rushed the hubby out the door to work, dressed the kiddies and headed out the door for our journey to buy UFC Undisputed. First stop..Wallymart..no dice, their delivery did not come in till the afternoon..boo! So we had some breakfast at Mickey D's, which I have to mention, going the Mickey D's in Wallymart is crazy at 8:30am! Its like Saturday nights at Rev...but Tuesday morning with Granny and Gramps enjoying a cups of Joe. There is like hundred's of them..and they all know each other, I actually felt out of place with my two kids at Mickey D's...crazy! Back on point...ate some breakfast, grabbed some cheese (on sale $3.97 if your looking for a deal!), and then went to stand in line at Best Buy.

Get to Best Buy and I am first in line!! YESSS!! Score one for Mommy! Playing games with the girls to keep them occupied and notice the long ling gathering behind me. I get a little competitive when stuff like this happens. I mean you won't catch me on Boxing Day lined up at Future Shop with my chair and long johns on, but some things...I just have to be one of the first people in line and get the product I need. I never thought a video game would be this product, but on this day it was. It's my anniversary coming up and I know Hubby is looking forward to this game, he has been talking about it for 3 months! So I wanted to get this as part of his gift.

It's 5 minutes to opening time and I lean over to Reese and quietly say to her in a "we are in the war and I am telling her how we are going to get to the other side while fighting dangerous rebels" voice,

Me: "Okay...so the store is about to open, when it does I want to you hold onto this stroller tight and RUN! Mommy is going to be going breakin though this door and you gotta hold on! You get broken from the stroller...you look for Mommy and you RUN! Can you do this? CAN! YOU! DO! THIS?"

Reese/Solider/Video Game Getter Assistant: "Ya Ya Ya!!! (pause for some thinking time) Ummm, but why are we doing this???" she says with a puzzled look on her face

Me (all hyper and probably looking crazy): "You just have to be with me! All these people behind us are going for the same thing..and we gotta get this for Daddy...he will be soo happy! Can you run??"

Reese: "Yes Mommy...LET'S DO THIS!" she says pumping her fists in the air.

And off we went...those doors opened and we rushed through and we got the game! It was a jungle, but we prevailed.

Its now 10:09pm and for the last hour I have been helping Dave pick out a fighter that looks exactly like him. I am talking everything from the scruff on your face...to tattoos..to how big your balls are! Geeze an hour setting up your guy??? Dang....maybe this gift was a mistake...I think nights will be filled with him pushin the buttons on his controller instead of pushin my buttons...you know the good ones....Happy Anniversary Babe!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Love ya girl... you make my day !! I am already looking forward to the "mitshufishy"... xo

Katie

Kareen said...

I know just what you mean when you think you are doing something great fro them and then...it happens...what the hell did I just do?! LOL