Thursday, October 22, 2009

Would you like to Supersize that??

Tell me if I am wrong....what is wrong with the customer service at stores lately??? Horrible I say!

No one seems to be going out of their way for a customer. Its like we are a burden as soon as we walk in the door. I find that going to stores and restaurants lately, the staff is not willing to dot all the i's and cross the t's just to make you feel a bit special.

I have been trying to locate an added part to my Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer, so I decided to call some stores instead of packing up the kids and looking for the item, just to find they don't have it. So calling I went. The first 2 stores did not even want to figure out what I needed.

Quote from girl fat The Bay, "ohhh that is on the other side of the store....ummm what was the part again??

Me: "the fruit and vegetable strainer"

The Bay Girl: "i have never seen that part here, so no, we don't have it"

WHAAA?? No checking your computer? No saying hey one sec let me run and check? Nothing! I hung up to call other store...no such luck anywhere. I would have waited a half hour on the phone while you looked after other customers, took a while to run to the other side of the store, I am okay with that. What I am not okay with is being an inconvenience when all I want is a product!

Trick up my sleeve...online shopping. Found my item on a Canadian website, ordered it and it will be shipped right to my front door tomorrow. Now how is that for customer service???

**after I re-read the post it seems as though I am entering the old part of aging where I bitch about customer service. I think my next post should be about how music have been flushed down the toilet...who is Soilder Boy anyway???**

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nikki,

We just got back from NYC and felt the same about the customer service we got. The worst of all is taxi drivers who simply bitch about getting a payment via credit card. They get so annoyed! Aren't we paying for this? Don't we get to choose which accepted method of payment we'd like to use? And why are we being told off about it?

Seriously, I think people have stopped caring about such things like customer service.

Online shopping is awesome...I do it all the time.