Monday, June 15, 2009

Just like the Pros!

I am not sure if you are the same way...but I am addicted to design show on HGTV...its an obsession. I am also all over the decorating mags and looking into what is new...what is hip. I am no professional designer at all! I never went to school, I never worked with someone to get experience, but I still feel I can pull off all these projects. DIY is calling me!

Every time I come home with a new idea...my husbands rolls his eyes, kind of like the way my eyes roll when he brings home a remote control bat (that he claims is for Reese...but who is he kidding). He feels that these people are professionals and of course they know what they are doing cuz they have 50 people and numerous contacts to finish their project. I only have me. True...but that does not mean those ideas I have discourage me with my lack of experience. I see it...it must be possible right??

Which brings us to today. I have been creating a "project" in my head for months regarding the area in my kitchen that is a blank wall. It needed something. A place where I can put my laptop, and the kids crafts. So the idea is now coming true. I found a $20 table at a garage sale that I dragged my kids around for an hour when I finally found it...STEAL! I then stained it and made look brand new. I also found a $50 cabinet at Value Village which I am painting white and it will house all the crayons, paint and glue that Reese requires to create her master pieces. Dave doubted me I know he did...but its coming together and even he admits its looks good.

Why can't they just realise we know what we are talking about and just run with it. Like I always tell him, "Do you think I am going to make my house look like crap on purpose??"

2 comments:

Christine Shadd said...

Haha, What happened you to your Ikea Cabinet? LOL I guess you just saved $400. Congrats. Can't wait to see your materpiece!

Kareen said...

Gurl...you speak the TRUTH!!