Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mirror Mirror

Yesterday I woke up and did the usual hum and hah over what I was going to wear for the day. You know it has to be comfortable yet somewhat stylish. I don't want to look like a bag lady or anything. So I pick out some jeans and a grey top. I walk into the bathroom and see myself in the mirror. "DANG GIRL! You look good!" I thought to myself. I turned around and checked out the bootay area. Another good point about turning 30 is that I have come to embrace the bootay (yes its boo-tay...not bootie. Booties are slippers for babies). I mean this bootay has got me to where I am. I am proud of it. Tough to all those boys in grade school that used to mock me because of it. Shame on them! Making me feel uncomfortable to show off my great ASSet. My bootay looked good in dem jeans and I was feelin hot!

Then I went outside, went to the plaza to pick up some things from the dollar store. I walked past a random mirror and, "DANG GIRL! what is up with your bootay??!" I thought to myself. How did it get so big from this morning and who let me out of the house looking like this! Reese needs to learn quick she is on the woman train and needs to holla at her gurl when things like this happen.

So I blame this on the mirrors the builder installed in my home. Yes they make me feel good about myself but its false advertisement! Shit! You can't make a girl feel all good and then when she sees what everyone else sees its just disappointment. I am trying to think back to when I was trying on dresses for my girl Ashley's (and Franco) wedding. I tried on a couple of dresses but settled in on this one hip, no actually ass hugging dress. It looked bangin! My ass was perfect! And now I think those mirrors are trick mirrors too! To make you want to buy the dress they have mirrors that make you look good.

In order for these trick mirrors to work they need to fix people's eyes so that they match what these mirrors make you see. If not then throw them all away!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha,, lmao!
So funny,, I HAVE THOSE MIRRORS TOO!

Unbelievable they are eh? It's not funny to me,, but I'm so glad I'm not the only one experiencing this.

ACTUALLY, I have both in my house, my workout room is lined with the trick mirrors and the one in my bedroom is just downright MEAN!

What sucks is,, after a killer workout I feel great, ready to start the day, then BAM, go upstairs to the bedroom and all those inspiring things the workouts mirrors said to me is rapidly stripped away in an instant!

We should do something about this,,,,,,

Thanks again for the laugh!

SHEILA!

Anonymous said...

WHAT we have trick mirrors in our house....Dannggg. That's it I'm going back to the gym for another workout:)-


Dave

Anonymous said...

I knew it was a conspiracy all along. Glad I'm not the only one. Change rooms just got a little scarier!
Taryn

Anonymous said...

Personally, I say we should make all mirrors, windows and every other reflective item into trick images. Why not always think you look awesome...every time you pass something with your reflection, you feel awesome. When you feel awesome, you walk a little taller, you act a little more "sassy" (the word sassy is making a come back ok), and you just have a better day. Doesn't matter what other people see or think. Its unlikely they will ever say anything to you, so why not just have a good day and feel good about yourself always!