Thursday, April 9, 2009

Lifting the Wool Out of My Eyes!

Has anyone been reading the new novel by Steve Harvey, "Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man"? Great book! Very enlightening about the mind of a male. I think the general audience is single ladies (insert Beyonce tune here)....but it does help with attached ladies as well. I am learning so much about the mind of my husband, but if I really think about it, I already knew all this stuff. I just never actually believed it was true. You have to pick it up and read it, it gives you a kind of calm really. Let's you know that you are not totally out of your mind when you ask your husband to pick up some milk on the way home from work, and he shows up with sour cream! Serenity NOW!

But honestly read it to get deep into the mind of the male species...I guarantee you will come out feeling like you have a lot less ulcers.

I also watched Oprah yesterday...damn you Oprah! But I realised more things about myself. I am a bad wife...I am! I will admit it. They were talking about all these marriages that are suffering in this recession and the divorces that are happening as a result of people giving up on their marriages. I don't think I am a very supportive wife, I watched this woman say that she was leaving her husband because he cannot provide for his family. Would I be stronger and be able to hold up my husband if he lost his job tomorrow? I don't know, and for that I am a bad wife. I vow today that I need to stand by my husband no matter how crazy he is or any concoction he has come up with! I love this man and I did marry him, "For Better or Worse!".

I am using the knowledge of the recent book I have been reading and the knowledge that its up to us to set an example for our children and to always be together no matter what. I mean how horrible would that be to lose your job and turn to your wife for support for her to say, "ummm, Peace Out!".

I will be a better wife...I will be a better wife! Someone tell me that when I come home one night after my husband has put the kids to bed and my child is sleeping in the same clothes that she had worn all day. He did offer to put the kids to bed right????

2 comments:

Kareen said...

This stuff is too funny and sooo true! I find myself complaining about the xxit he didnt do instead of realizing..he did at least wash the dishes even tho he left all the food crumbs in the sink! We should be grateful right? Mush, you are a WONDERFUL WONDERFUL WONDERFUL wife and mother..but no one is perfect! We can only be the best that we can and pray to God that everything and everyone turns out right! Luv you gurl! MUAH!

Christine Shadd said...

OK...so if that Steve Harvey book is yours I need to read it when you are done. I have been watching him on Oprah and it's hilarious yet so true!

I also need to be a better wife :(

Finally, watch Oprah today so you know how to tell your daughters about sex when they are TEN!...it's gonna be a good one.