Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring Chicken?

Just recently I bumped into a guy that looked familiar to me at the gym.

Him: "You look really familiar...Where do I know you from?

Me: "I think we went to College together...yaya that's right we were in 'Dealing with Difficult People' "

Him: "Ahh Yes! That's right...that was a while ago eh?

Me: "Well over 10 years I guess...but who's counting?"

DumbAss: "Ya you do look more mature in your face" (Let me mention he was totally serious....no jokes...no pause and then laugh. Straight up serious!)

STOP......HOL UP!!!!! "MATURE IN YOUR FACE" ???????? W.T.F !!!!!

It was like I was hit in the stomach! I could not believe this jack ass actually said that. Are guys not taught from a young age to never discuss the following with women: age and weight?? Helllooo, who says shit like that?

I held my breath and continued on my marry way and finished my workout. I had to get some ego boosting from my fellow workout buddies that I occasionally workout with to make sure I still look good. The very smart buddies agreed and I let it go.

Until last night. Here is the following conversation I had with my husband....

Me: "Oh NO!" as I looked in the bathroom mirror

Hubby: "What's wrong?"

Me: "I have a WRINKLE! I have a a a laugh line!!!!"

Hubby: "No.....let me see" as he joined me in the bathroom so I could show him.

Me: "Look! Right there! Do you see that line by my lips???? Look!"

Hubby: "That's not a wrinkle" he says brushing me off.

Me: "Yaya its is! LOOOK!"

DumbAss: "If that is a wrinkle then look you have another on on your forehead....look right there" he said as he pointed out yet another wrinkle.

Again...hellooo has someone not taught him this cardinal rule either??? I was fired up. Not only had I discovered I had a laugh line..my husband so nicely pointed out I have another one on my forehead.

Crap Crap Crap.....I thought I would be okay with this whole aging thing and becoming 30...but I am not so sure. What's next? Grey hair? My kids growing up so quickly to tell me that I am no longer cool when I say..."W.T.F".

Who else is going through this as well? I am beginning to feel as my youth is being sucked out of me quickly! Need to slow it down somehow without the help of surgical methods. Any tips? What are your stay young methods?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

If you do find a grey hair...... Just say to yourself " self, I'm so fly, I've got silver hair" at least we don't have to go bald like men do! Bahahahaha..... Suckers!

The Lurker said...

Hehe! During dinner the other night, I noticed Jack had a scratch on his forehead so I asked him where he got it. He (of course) had no clue, but proceeded to ask me: "Where did you get your scratch on your forehead from, Mommy?" and point at a wrinkle! I will definitely be teaching THAT future man a thing or two.

Kareen said...

Gurl...you are too much! Gurl..you know yu a hot gal! You dont have anything to worry about!

Christine Shadd said...

FIRST of all...I am pretty sure I just told you a month ago that you have lost so much weight since your wedding....I on the other hand can't even fit INTO my wedding dress and it's only been 8 months!
Secondly...I have grey hairs, and when I found my first one I wanted to cry...but it's only a few and we always got hair dye. So no worries.
PS...Kick Dave for me cause that was mean!