Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Olivieri

Setting The Mood:
On a television spot two people are sitting down to enjoy a dinner of fresh Olivieri pasta together. The sexual tension is obvious with the buffalo eyes this man and woman are giving each other. The woman leans in to feed her lover some delicious pasta but drops it on his shirt. He now feels he should take off his shirt and throw it in the wash. He returns to feed his lover a fork full, but also drops it on her shirt. Again she starts to undress. The whole commercial this happens until the woman is down to an undershirt and her underwear and he is shirtless just waiting what is next....and the woman drops the entire bowl of pasta onto his pants...hence the pants now will have to come off.

Enter my very smart and funny daughter Reese:

"Look Mom!! Look! They are getting naked!" she says with a dirty laugh, then with a confused look, "Why are they getting naked?"

Reese, you make me laugh each and everyday. You are full of energy and are non-stop. Yes you exhaust me, and the fact that I answer everyone of your "whys" is beyond the patience I thought I had. You really help me get through my day. Tho Marli is teething right now and is not the best person you want to hang out with, when I look at you and hear your insights for the day...I know I will make it through till the next. You are now 3 1/2, but your wit and your thoughts are so grown up. I feel like you are one of my girlfriends and I could talk to you all day long.

We were watching a show about people giving birth. You watched intently as this woman was screaming in pain and actually pushed her baby out. You said to me, "Why is there blood? Why is the baby crying? The baby looks like Marli doesn't she?". I hope that I live to the day when you give birth to your own child, I will sit with you and support you and tell you all about the funny things you have said to me to help you get through your pain. Like when I was breastfeeding Marli when she was born, you told me,"Mom, you have BIG nipples! I love your big NIPPLES!". Then you proceeded the bash them about like they were basketballs and you were trying out for the NBA Allstars game...thanks for that by the way.

You make me so proud to be your mommy. I sat and watched you organize all your crayons this afternoon in colour coded lines. You sang The Itsy Bitsy Spider while you were doing it, and you reminded me of what its like to be a child. I remember myself playing with my toys and not having a care in the world and singing my heart out to some rhyme or another. Never lose yourself, you have been the same person since I gave birth to you. You always take your time with things so that they are done to your standards. Never let anyone rush you (including your Father...give him sometime on that...he will learn one day to really listen to you, he does try but he's a man). You are funny and you are compassionate and you always look our for your family.

Thank you for being you and thank you for saving me on days when I think I am going to lose it!

Love Mommy

5 comments:

Unknown said...

awwwwww..... Reese loves your nipples! Kai once said to me "mommy, I love your belly! It goes blrblblrblblrb :O " all while doing a jelly belly dance. At first I was stunned, then laughed and said " thankyou kai, I love your belly too". Lol, at that point I realized that they will love us regardless of our flaws.AMAZING!

mamabug said...

love it...I had tears in my eyes reading it.
It is so true we go through each day with our kids learning something new not only about them but about ourselves and the world. What a great prespective to have on life, and I am glad we are able to have a view into it each and every day :)

Christine Shadd said...

Tear Tear...why am I crying and I dont even have kids to tell me I have beautiful nipples and belly?
I hope one day I will be blessed like you.
You are such a great mom to write this for your daughter...she wont remember all of the funny things she said in her care-free youth, but will laugh reading this later.
Love you, your silly girl, and your impatient husband....oh, and chubby Marli!

Kareen said...

You are a wonderful mom adn even more awesome wife! No one is perfect but shit, we can damn well try! And besides, if all else fails, your **#**%* is tight! Love you gurl!

Anonymous said...

I love you Nikki! You have become a wonderful woman..( you weren't too shabby when we where kids either...)Keep at it. Never doubt yourself...your amazing and Im proud to call you family..Much Love...Melanie :)